Chocolate and peanut butter, you can't go wrong! A great peanut butter cup recipe to make with your kids.
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Assorted sprinkles, mini M&M’S or chopped nuts, optional
1. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. (Great step for kids to help with)
2. In mixing bowl, combine 1 cup peanut butter with 1 cup of confectioners' sugar, salt, and softened butter. Stir until blended and place in fridge to chill.
3. In microwavable safe bowl, combine chocolate and remaining 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Microwave in intervals of one to two minutes, mixing after each session. (Watch closely!)
4. Take approximately 1/2 tablespoon of chilled filling, roll into ball. Use the bottom of a glass sprayed with cooking spray, flatten each ball so it is approximately 1/4 in think and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
5. Fill each muffin liner with approximately 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate. Place disc of peanut butter filling on top of chocolate and then top with another tablespoon of melted chocolate. Spread chocolate with a spoon to cover the filling and gently tap muffin tin on counter to help chocolate settle evenly.
6. Top peanut butter cups with any toppings you see fit! We decorated ours with Halloween sprinkles. After decorating, place in the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate has set. Store peanut butter cups in airtight container and store in refrigerator.